TÜV PROFiCERT procedure
The TÜV PROFiCERT procedure BS OHSAS 18001 occupational health and safety assessment series examines the occupational health and safety management of companies of all sectors.
BS OHSAS 18001 - Occupational health and safety management system certification
TÜV PROFiCERT procedure
BS OHSAS 18001 is currently the only internationally significant occupational health and safety management system. It facilitates ystematic and continuous improvement in industrial and plant safety through comprehensive prevention while also making a significant contribution to a company's success.
Advantages for you
By introducing an occupational health and safety management system in accordance with BS OHSAS 18001, you can achieve the following:
- Motivated and alert employees due to improved industrial safety
- Reduction of downtimes, accidents and production interruptions
- Legal certainty through meeting the relevant requirements stipulated by laws and authorities
- Embedding the topic of occupational health and safety in the minds of the management
- More positive image as a safety-minded company
What is tested and evaluated?
Under the certification procedure − consisting of document inspection in advance and a subsequent on-site company audit − the following requirements are tested and evaluated, among others:
- General requirements
- Occupational health and safety policy
- Planning based on hazard assessment and statutory obligations
- Implementation and execution Verification
- Management evaluation
For more detailed contents, please refer to the current revision of the standard.
How long is the certification valid?
The TÜV PROFiCERT certificate BS OHSAS 18001 is awarded upon successful completion of the certification process. It is valid for three years and must be confirmed every year by a surveillance audit.
Thanks to the structural similarity to ISO 14001, the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001 can be integrated into an existing environmental management system relatively easily.
The audits by TÜV Hessen can also be carried out efficiently in the form of integrated ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 system audits. The OHSAS 18001 specification can be applied by any organization wishing to implement a formal procedure to minimize the potential risks that can arise with regard to health and safety in the workplace for employees, customers and the public.
You want to know more?
Contact us by eMail or Phone: +49 6151 600-331