The TÜV PROFiCERT-plus process for a certified guarantee concept is based on fundamental elements of the quality management standard DIN EN ISO 9001 with regard to company goals, documentation requirements, employee development, customer feedback (e.g. sales partner feedback) and internal system audits, while also assessing the special requirements of a guarantee concept.
What is tested and evaluated?
As part of the certification procedure – consisting of a document inspection in advance and a subsequent on-site audit at the company headquarters – specific assessment criteria are tested and evaluated, including:
- Guarantee agreement (understandable, coherent, duties and obligations of the contract partners clearly defined)
- Communication with the customer – available documents (understandability)
- Method of providing the guarantee provisions to the end customer
- Processing in the event of a guarantee claim (analysis of responsibility for damage, chronological sequence, communication with the customer)
- Presence of downstream processes such as service, care and maintenance instructions and confirmation of the legal conformity of the guarantee promise as per Art. 443(2) of the German Civil Code (BGB) by a recognized law firm
How long is the certification valid?
The TÜV PROFiCERT-plus certificate for a certified guarantee concept is awarded upon successful completion of the certification process. It is valid for three years and must be confirmed every year by a monitoring audit.