Independent label for interior products
We collaborate with TFI Aachen GmbH and EPH (Entwicklungs- und Prüflabor Holztechnologie GmbH) in the field of product certification and together, we issue the TÜV PROFiCERT-product Interior conformity mark. By separating testing and certification, TÜV offers the only independent conformity mark for interior design products.
Among experts, TFI Aachen GmbH is regarded as a qualified testing institute for the product areas of textile and elastic floor coverings, sports floorings, floor coatings and wall cladding. Since 2016, this expertise has been perfectly complemented by EPH, which focuses on wooden floors, parquet flooring, laminates, multilayer modular floor coverings, furniture, varnishes and coatings.
Our TÜV PROFiCERT-product Interior conformity mark provides information on products and how they are manufactured in accordance with qualitative, health-related (emissions) and ecological (hazardous substances) principles. To buyers, the tests document that they have purchased a safe product that promotes healthy living – certainly a good decision, as today we spend more than 90% of our time in closed rooms.
What is tested?
During the certification, the criteria of emissions and hazardous substances are tested. A quality test is also possible. With the “quality-tested” addendum, the conformity mark offers further advantages thanks to its declarations on health protection, safety and quality:
- A certified quality promise differentiated within one product category
- A correlation of quality, function and prices
Framework conditions have been set for both issuing options, which the products must comply with. Detailed performance criteria are specified for each product group and are available in the public domain.
The TÜV PROFiCERT-product Interior certification has three pillars:
1. Initial testing of the product
2. Regular monitoring of production in the manufacturing plant (auditing)
3. Regular monitoring of the products
These three pillars provide peace of mind:
- The product fulfills all emission requirements of the various relevant ecolabels and the statutory requirements, which are also specified in the certificate (depending on whether the standard or premium variant has been chosen).
- The products are tested by an independent and accredited testing institute (TFI or EPH); no self-declaration on the part of the manufacturer is permissible.
- The product quality is (optionally) part of the testing and monitoring.
- Alongside an approval test, regular product monitoring measures or additional tests are carried out at the manufacturer (audits).
- The current status of the certificate is always visible to customers online (www.proficert.com).
The certificate and compliance mark are only issued when all three pillars are secured and the specifications are guaranteed. The criteria for the TÜV PROFiCERT-product Interior certification are chosen in such a way that both trade customers and end consumers are given a transparent and reliable statement on a comparable basis.
More than 1,000 products are currently certified to TÜV PROFiCERT-product. These include the following product categories:
- Floor coverings
- Ceiling and wall claddings
Irrespective of the certification process, the product manufacturer expressly retains responsibility for the product in the sense of product liability. TÜV Hessen publishes the tested products, each with their own number, in a product database.
Then simply get in touch with us:
TÜV Hessen certification body
Tel. +49 6151 600-331
Fax: +49 6151 600-336
**Note: TÜV Hessen assumes no liability for the content and statements on the specified Internet sites of its partners. If you have any complaints, please contact the author of the respective page. Thank you for your understanding.