What is AAL?
Our buildings and the objects we use are becoming smart – and are transforming into partners in our everyday lives. Digital assistance systems and services are now “thinking” technologies that help us organize our lives and improve our quality of life. Today, more and more people are equipping their homes with smart, networked functions, which can often be controlled conveniently using a central app. In later stages of life, assistance systems enable people to live in their own homes for longer, while also remaining autonomous and socially integrated.
What does the TÜV PROFiCERT-plus “AAL tested” certification mean?
Although the AAL and smart home technologies needed for this are still relatively expensive, many real estate managers are already investing in properties with these promising and valuable technologies. We have developed our TÜV PROFiCERT-plus “AAL tested” certification for precisely these pioneers.
On the basis of existing application rules and standards (e.g. the VDE-AR-E standards for assistance systems in the home or for mobile terminals for AAL), the TÜV PROFiCERT-plus “AAL tested” certification process tests the extent to which a property meets requirements regarding its (technical) equipment and secure, targeted networking, as well as its long-term operation. To this end, TÜV Hessen has developed a catalog of criteria in collaboration with renowned research institutes, and continuously updates it to take the latest standardization developments into account.
Who is the certification aimed at?
The certification is aimed at owners, investors, operators and associated service providers of residential properties.
What are the objectives and advantages of the certification?
- Creation of transparency regarding the degree of AAL implementation in new or upgraded residential properties
- Improved marketability and procurement of funding or finance for the property owner
- Testing of systems in accordance with the current state of the art
- Users can trust the systems/technology
How does certification take place?
- Inspection and check of minimum requirements
- Identification of optimization requirements
- Main audit (inspection and processing of
- Verification and certification
- Annual monitoring audits during the validity period of the TÜV PROFiCERT-plus certificate