What is DIN EN ISO 22000?
ISO 22000 is a globally recognized standard for management systems in food safety. While comparable standards such as HACCP only cover particular aspects of food safety, ISO 22000 has a more comprehensive scope.
ISO 22000 concerns all companies that are directly or indirectly involved in the production of food. When dealing with food, structures and processes are required for all stages of production, processing and handling, which must be perfected in order to guarantee the highest degree of food safety and quality. This affects a wide variety of links along the food supply chain, including:
- Food producers
- Service providers for the food industry, e.g. cleaning companies
- Manufacturers of packaging for the food industry
- Suppliers of the food industry
- Plant manufacturers in and around the food industry
- Logistics and trade in and around the food industry
What is tested?
As part of the certification process – consisting of a document inspection in advance and the subsequent on-site audit of operations (primary producers, producers, retail or other companies along the food supply chain) – specific assessment criteria are tested and assessed. including:
- System management
- Interactive communication
- GHP (good hygiene practices)
- Hazard analysis / risk assessment / preventive program
What are the advantages of certification to DIN EN ISO 22000?
With the certificate, you show that you meet the stringent international requirements in the field of food safety. By doing so, you increase trust in your products among customers, stakeholders and business partners and can stand out from the competition. In addition, you optimize your food safety and the quality of your foods while at the same time lowering product liability risks.